In September 2014, the IIC announced an exciting new partnership with USAID’s Global Development Lab. This partnership, established with the Lab’s Research and Innovation Fellowships (RI Fellowships) program, aims to build a cohort of fellows working to improve development outcomes in India. This relationship affords the IIC the opportunity to expand its fellowship opportunities in India, as well as provides its fellows with a growing global network of mentors and knowledge partners.
NETWORK OF UNIVERSITY PARTNERS
As part of the RI Fellowships program, the IIC joins five other universities - Arizona State University, Rutgers University, University of California-Berkeley, University of California-Davis, and the University of Notre Dame - in creating a network of partnerships to expand students’ capacity to contribute to innovative development abroad.
RI FELLOWSHIPS CONNECTS INNOVATORS TO DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGES
RI Fellowships is a new program office within USAID’s recently formed Global Development Lab whose team works collaboratively with the IIC, contributing substantively to program development.
To meet its goal of fostering innovation in development to end extreme poverty by widely sourcing ideas and creating new networks of innovators, RI Fellowships connects American Masters and PhD students with professionals of key organizations in 7 countries around the world to address complex development challenges. Through the program’s Catalog of Opportunities, hosts and researchers are able to make professional matches on a wide variety of development projects that can range from marine policy to water and sanitation and everything in between.
AN EXPANDING NETWORK OF GLOBAL LEADERS
According to Nicholas Bassey, the program’s Team Lead, “RI Fellowships’ relationship with the IIC has helped USAID to better connect American research and technical expertise with the needs of Indian communities. Together, we are helping to foster long-term relationships and solve problems -- from government institutions all the way down to local partnerships and individual networks. The IIC’s projects are an integral part of the RI Fellowships Catalog, and expand upon the core model of the program.”
RI Fellowships and the IIC are excited to offer University of Chicago students access to a web of opportunities, positioning them to become leaders in international development through a partnership that supports innovation for positive social impact.
- Mar 22, 2017 Act Natural: Some Thoughts on Animal Dustbins in India’s Cities Mar 22, 2017
- Mar 17, 2017 Video: IIC Project Alumni on What Makes the IIC Special Mar 17, 2017
- Mar 8, 2017 Mission Kakatiya Seeks to Understand a Model Village Mar 8, 2017
- February 2017
- Jan 3, 2017 UChicago’s Anup Malani on India, Demonetization and Measuring the Effects Jan 3, 2017
- Jul 29, 2016 Stakeholder Spotlight | The IIC–EPIC team speaks with Principal Secretary Khullar Jul 29, 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- Apr 14, 2016 IIC hosts leading scientists for an IIC Brazil summer policy lab panel discussion Apr 14, 2016
- Mar 14, 2016 Impact of Indian Innovations in Global Business Mar 14, 2016
- Dec 27, 2015 The IIC Team: Meet Nicole Dec 27, 2015
- Nov 2, 2015 2016-2017 Fellow Applications Nov 2, 2015
- Sep 25, 2015 Annual Workshop Recap Sep 25, 2015
- Aug 25, 2015 Profile: YES Institue Aug 25, 2015
- Jun 2, 2015 Fellow Spotlights | Part 2 Jun 2, 2015
- May 19, 2015 Making a 'smarter' city May 19, 2015
- April 2015
- Mar 3, 2015 Fellow Spotlights | Part 1 Mar 3, 2015
- Feb 17, 2015 IIC partners with USAID Feb 17, 2015
- January 2015