Congratulations on being invited for a first round interview. We are impressed by your skills and background and are looking forward to learning more about you.
Relationships are an important part of being an IIC fellow so we want make sure our interview process incorporates this type of experience. Below are a few notes to help you prepare for the IIC group interview.
HOW IT WORKS
In person Interviews
- Arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the interview.
- You will participate in the group interview with between 10-20 other prospective applicants.
- The interview will include first a group project followed by group discussion.
- The group project does not require preparation before arriving nor does it require domain expertise of any particular subject area.
- Add "nanderanderson" as a Skype contact. We will call you at the start time of the interview.
- You will participate in a group interview between 3-5 other prospective applications joining all via Skype.
- The interview will be a combination of an activity and questions/discussion. Neither the activity nor the discussion require any specific prep, no additional technology will be used for the activity.
WHAT IS BEING EVALUATED?
- First impressions are important for teams interacting with many stakeholders and experts. A professional demeanor is important to the success of an IIC team.
- Team dynamics are complex and we are looking for different kinds of team players.
- There are many ways to contribute within a team. Focus on what your strengths are and how that can benefit the team.
- A group interview is different than a one on one interview. How you interact with fellow prospective applicants is as important as how you interact with the IIC team.
- The group project allows you to show off your communication, leadership, management, teamwork, creative, and interpersonal skills.
- Be respectful and inclusive of your fellow participants.
- Based on the group interview, applicants may be invited for a second round interview.
- Second round interviews will be individual interviews (not group).
- Second round interview schedule:
- MUMBAI: For those participating in group interviews in Mumbai, individual interviews will be held directly after the group interviews, on March 11 & 12. You will receive an interview shortly following the group interview regarding in person interviews.
- DELHI: All invitations for second round individual interviews will be sent, along with proposed times and locations, by March 8. All second round interviews will take place by March 24.
- CHICAGO & SKYPE: All invitations for second round individual interviews will be sent, along with proposed times and locations, by March 13. All second round interviews will take place by March 24.
- Please do not contact the IIC with interview inquiries until after March 13 to ensure that we can respond in a timely and efficient manner.
- Final offers for the 2017-2018 IIC Fellow cohort will be made by the second week of April.